I am always on the hunt for lunch and dinner recipes. To my disappointment, most recipes tend to be for pasta like dishes. One thing that I miss the most are the turkey burgers from The Counter. Nothing like a burger to make you feel like you’ve eaten a full meal. So I searched and found some inspiration. Young and Raw posted the Veganator Burger, but I didn’t want to wait 5-8 hours to eat, so I made my own and here they are. These sliders can be made in about 10 minutes, just make sure to have some condiments ready, and dinner is served!
Raw Vegan Sliders (makes 6 sliders)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground brown flax seeds
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or whatever seasonings you would like)
- 1 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 small fistfull of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch of salt (or salt to taste)
- Put all ingredients except for the salt into a food processor and blend until it resembles ground meat.
- Taste and add as much salt as you need.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop out the “meat”. Use a dull knife and pull the “meat” out onto a flat surface and use your hand to press down until you reach the desired thickness. Repeat until all sliders are done.
- Form the slider: Place each slider on a romaine lettuce leaf, and top the sliders with a thin slice of tomato, the oil free pesto from here, and top with some nut cheese (recipe below).
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast flakes (not strictly raw)
- 1 handful of cashews
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients and blend until the “cheese” looks like crumbles. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator until it should be used.