Happy Thursday, or day before Friday!
I was looking for something to do with some ripe avocados, but didn’t want to make another pesto. So I thought, why not try guacamole with some raw veggies? Sounds bland, right? Not necessarily. I found a wonderfully simple recipe for guacamole on The Rawtarian. The recipe can be found here. I used basically the same recipe, but I didn’t use hard measurements, but something like this:
Guacamole Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients for the guacamole:
- 1 part avocado (plus another part diced avocado reserved)
- 1 part tomato (with the seeds taken out)
- 1/4 part sweet onion
- 1/4 part cilantro
- 1 squeeze of a lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
Note: What I mean by one part, is that if you use 1/4 cup avocado, then the reserve 1/4 cup avocado, use 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/8 cup onion, etc.
- Use a fork or food processor to process 1 part avocado until smooth.
- Add in the other part avocado.
- Cut the tomatoes, cilantro and sweet onion (rough dice).
- Add in the tomatoes, cilantro and sweet onion to the avocado mixture and fold in with spoon.
- Add in the lemon juice and salt and mix.
Constructing the lettuce wrap:
- Use 2 romaine leaves for each wrap.
- Julienne 1/4 zucchini.
- Thinly slice 3 small mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms).
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms on the romaine lettuce.
- Add the guacamole on top.