Happy Friday! I needed a little pick me up after my long work week. Ever since I heard you could make raw nutella, I’ve been dying to try it. And I thought that since I don’t eat bread, what better way to eat it, but in ice cream? No better way! This recipe is so ridiciously delicious, you’ll wonder how it can possibly be healthy.
Nutella (makes roughly 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup of hazelnuts (unsoaked)
- 1 tsp stevia liquid
- 7 tbsp raw cacao
- 4 dates
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup filtered water
- Place hazelnuts in a food process or high speend blender (high speed blender is highly preferred).
- Process hazelnuts until it resembles meal.
- Add the dates and about 1/2 tsp stevia liquid. Continue processing for a bit.
- Stop and add the raw cacao and process until the nutella looks like a paste.
- Add 1/4 cup water and continue processing. If the nutella is still pasty (meaning very thick), then continue adding the water. Process until smooth.
- Taste. Add more stevia if the nutella is not sweet enough for you, and process to incorporate.
- Store in an air tight container.
Banana Nutella Ice Cream
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 1/8 cup filtered water and more if needed
- 1 handful of walnuts for each serving
- Peel and cut the bananas into pieces.
- Place in an air tight container and store in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and place into a food processor.
- Process until smooth. Do not over process. You can also leave small chunks of banana unprocessed if you would like.
- Remove from processor/blender and move to mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the nutella and 1/8 cup water. Using a metal spoon, mix until the nutella resembles a pudding (adding more water as necessary).
- Add the nutella/water mixture to the banana ice cream. Mix lightly until combined.
- Store in a container in your freezer.