I’ve been waiting for the chance to go grocery shopping so I could pick up some bananas. Bananas are such a fantastic fruit for raw cooking. It can be used for cookies, cakes, energy bars, ice creams, or in my case, tarts! These tarts are packed with banana flavor and utilizes oats instead of nuts for the crust.
This recipe is good when you’re craving a lighter dessert. And the best thing is that it only makes 6, so you can have them all to yourself.
Banana Tartlets (makes 6 cupcake sized tartlets)
- 1/2 cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 dates
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture starts to clump.
- If you have some, line a cupcake tin with parchment paper.
- Take 1/6 of the mixture and place into the muffin tin. Use your hands and press down and form a small tartlet.
- Pull the tarlet out of the muffin tin. If you did not have parchment paper, then you can unstick the shell from the muffin tin using a very dull knife. Repeat this 6 times until you have 6 tartlets.
- Store into the freezer while making the banana filling.
- 1 medium/large banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp agave (you can wait to add this in case you need it)
- Put bananas in the food processor and puree.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the agave and process until smooth.
- Taste and add the agave if necessary.
- Take one spoonful of the banana filling and fill each tartlet. You may have more filling than room in the tartlets.
- Put the tartlets into the freezer to set.